Ketosis has become a bit of a buzzword in the diet world, and for good reason. “Ketosis” (which means burning of fat) is a very efficient and safe way to lose fat in the body while maintaining lean mass. There are many ketogenic formulas out there and they can be confusing; all include low carbohydrate consumption and most include high protein and high fat. The ones higher in fat and protein can be called nutritional ketosis, or lifestyle ketosis. Lowering the carbohydrate and fat consumption and eating the correct amount of protein to sustain and protect the muscle in the body is the formula for a highly successful ketogenic protocol. Ideal Protein is such a program. Learn more about the secrets of ketosis straight from Ideal Protein.
A ketogenic diet promotes more weight loss than a typical low-fat diet without any of the annoying side effects of hunger, irritability, and fatigue. In the past decade, 23 studies have challenged the low-fat dietary approach and health professionals believe that a low carb diet is a much better option to treat obesity and other chronic illnesses. But the advantages of a ketogenic diet go way beyond weight loss.
In addition to weight loss, the ketogenic diet provides health benefits to people with metabolic, neurological, or insulin-related diseases. Other benefits of a ketogenic diet may include the ability to:
- Prevent Diabetes – Diabetes affects over 400 million people worldwide. A complicated disease, diabetes can be managed with good blood sugar control. By reducing carbs, the ketogenic diet can lower blood sugar and insulin levels and possibly reverse type II diabetes.
- Lower Blood Pressure – High blood pressure is a risk factor for many diseases. A ketogenic diet low in carbs can effectively reduce blood pressure and therefore lead to a reduced risk of other related diseases.
- Improve HDL Cholesterol – HDL, known as good cholesterol, carries cholesterol away from the body and to the liver where it can be reused or excreted. One of the best ways to increase HDL levels is to eat a high-fat and low-carb diet, like the ketogenic diet.
- Minimize Seizures – The ketogenic diet originated as a tool to treat neurological diseases such as epilepsy. Studies haves shown, the keto diet is effective in the management of difficult-to-control seizures. In some cases, the diet allows the person to decrease or discontinue medication.
- Reduce Acne – Acne is linked to diet and the body’s blood sugar. A diet high in processed and refined carbohydrates can change gut bacteria, which results in blood sugar fluctuations. These changes can influence skin health. With a reduction in carbs, the ketogenic diet plays a leading role in acne reduction and clearer skin.
Changes to your diet can have potential consequences to your health, so always consult with your healthcare professional or an Ideal Protein coach before you start any new diet. The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is a ketogenic diet that eliminates refined and processed carbohydrates and delivers amazing weight loss results. Want to know more about the benefits of a ketogenic diet? Learn more about Ideal Protein and get started today!