Dr. Singer recommends daily self massage to keep the skin healthy and glowing and the muscles supple and nurtured. Chose from one of our balancing mind/body formulas depending on your constitution or the season. We use a base oil for the formulas that is nourishing and healing to the skin and muscles of Almond, Safflower, Sesame, Jojoba, Olive, and Sunflower.
These are professional massage oils and are the same formulas we use in our professional therapeutic massages.
Benefits of Daily Self Massage:
- Stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system which is responsible for rest and digestion.
- Releases “the feel good” hormones; dopamine, oxytocin, and serotonin.
- Aids in eliminating toxins on a daily basis.
- Increase circulation and lymph drainage
- Tones, heals and nourishes the skin and muscles.
- Increases the mind/body connection.
- Relaxing and calming
Instructions for Daily Self Massage:
Start your massage right before your daily shower.
Place a small amount of professional massage oil in the palm of your hands and start at the head and gently rub the scalp with your finger tips. Continue down the rest of the body using long strokes on your limbs and circular strokes on the joints, chest and abdomen. Finish with the feet. Rinse off any residual oil in the shower. Do not use soap as it is very drying.