International Self-Care Day is celebrated each year on July 24 (24/7) to remind us of the importance of self-care every day of the year.
According to the International Self-Care Foundation, self-care is broken down into seven pillars. These pillars can be taken as self-care tips that are good for the body and soul.
- Pillar 1: Health Literacy – The knowledge and understanding of health, disease, and self-care.
- Pillar 2: Self Awareness – The practical application of the knowledge from Pillar 1, to a specific individual’s health.
- Pillar 3: Physical Activity – The need for and benefit gained from regular physical activity.
- Pillar 4: Healthy Eating – The role that diet plays in self-care, maintaining health, and reducing the risk of diet-related non-communicable disease.
- Pillar 5: Risk Avoidance or Mitigation – The avoidance or reduction of behaviors that directly increase the risk of disease or death.
- Pillar 6: Good Hygiene – The conditions and practices that help to maintain health and prevent the spread of diseases.
- Pillar 7: Rational and Responsible use of Self-Care Products and Services – The knowledgeable, safe, and effective use of health products and services by individuals in order to better manage their own health.
Ideal Protein is committed to providing dieters with the tools they need for self-care, from a large range of healthy products, healthy recipes, and several health and nutritional tips that can be found on MyIP. Learn more about the Ideal Protein Weight Loss method here.
Not on the diet but still want some TLC or self-care tips for yourself? Try one of our relaxing massages. Massage therapy is a perfect way to reduce tension and stress. At Ideal Body, we focus on balancing the mind and body through healing touch and nurturing formulas to restore radiant health to our patients. Book your appointment today!